The WCRP Workshop on CMIP5 Model Analysis to be held 5-9 March 2012 in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. Abstract submission is now open, with deadline 14 December, 2011. Attendance is limited by the size of the venue (approx. 150 people) and format of workshop. Participation will be invitation-only based on abstracts that are selected for presentation. All details and update information can be found at http://cmip5.wcrp-climate.org/workshop.
The workshop is organized by the WCRP/CLIVAR Working Group on Coupled Models (WGCM) and is hosted by the International Paciﬁc Research Center (IPRC) at the University of Hawaii. The workshop will consist of a series of half-day sessions. Each session will begin with presenters in that session given three minutes to show no more than one slide summarizing the main conclusion; the rest of the half day session will consist of viewing the posters of that session.
Criteria: Abstract acceptance will be based on priority given to at least the following criteria:
- Multi-model CMIP5 analyses aiming to physically interpret robust behavior and/or inter-model differences based on basic principles, theories and/or through a hierarchy of models (or model configurations) of different complexities.
- The program committee will attempt to achieve a balance of results from the various experiment types from CMIP5.
- To demonstrate that your analysis has already begun, you are encouraged to include a description of your preliminary analysis so far,and any conclusions supported by it.
- November 15 2011 – Abstract submission opens
- December 14 2011 – Deadline for abstract submission
- End December 2011 – Notiﬁcation of accepted abstracts
Dr. Michel Rixen, WCRP Senior Scientific Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)