The National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) Employee Awards Ceremony was held on December 6th and CISESS Deputy Director Hugo Berbery was there to present awards to CISESS Scientists:
- Korak Saha for his exemplary service for hands-on mentoring of a NOAA Lapenta Student Intern and excellent innovation on theNOAA/NCEI Blended Seawinds (NBS) product;
- Yongsheng Zhang for his excellent support to NOAA’s data stewardship activities for satellite oceanographic data.
- Sarah O’Connor for her years of excellence in leading the coral data management project. “Throughout her time at the UMD, Sarah has exceeded the high standards the university strives to maintain.” She will continue her excellent work in a NOAA federal position.
- Liqing Jiang for his excellent work in leading the ocean acidification data management at NCEI for the NOAA Ocean Acidification Program and his leadership of the new regional ocean acidification indicator project.
- Alex Kozyr for leading international data management activities through several NCEI programs: Ocean Carbon Data System (OCADS), the Global Ocean Ship Based Hydrographic Investigations Program (GO-SHIP), among other programs
- Alexey Mishonov for leading the CISESS World Ocean Database (WOD) project and operating a cloud World Ocean Database system for the creation of a Northwest Atlantic regional climatology.
- Alexandra Grodsky for her integral role in establishing procedures and maintaining the data flow for the U. S. State Department’s Marine Scientific Research (MSR) Consent Agreement data sets.
Congratulations to all awardees!