On Monday, August 27, CICS-MD hosted the Poster Session and Reception for this year’s Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR) Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) Annual Science Conference. A total of 67 posters were on display.
Congratulations to the six ESSIC / CICS-MD scientists who presented:
– Cezar Kongoli, et al., “Calibration and Validation of the S-NPP Snowfall Detection
– Yuling Liu et al., “Preliminary Quality Assessment of NOAA 20 LST EDR Product;”
– Patrick Meyers et al., “CICS-MD Contributions to JPSS Water Cycle Products & Services;”
– Chunhui Pan et al., “J1 OMPS SDR Performance;”
– Jingjing Peng et al., “The VIIRS Sea Ice Albedo Product Algorithm and Preliminary
– Heshun Wang et al., “JPSS-1 Gridded Land Surface Temperature Product;”
The following Thursday, August 30th, CICS-MD hosted a full-day workshop on on JPSS Blended Products as a part of the conference. It was led by Ralph Ferraro, Chief of the NOAA/NESDIS Satellite Climate Studies Branch and ESSIC Visiting Associate Research Scientist, and Lihang Zhou.
Visiting Research Scientist Tom Smith gave a presentation on “Commonly-Used Blending Techniques.” Huan Meng, also a Visiting Research Scientist, chaired the session on Composite Products. Additionally, the workshop featured other products that are the focus of current CICS tasks, including Blended Sea Surface Temperature (Andy Harris) and Calibration and Validation of Blended Products (Patrick Meyers).
The Annual JPSS Conference was held August 27-30 in the Auditorium and Conference Center at the NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction (NCWCP). It provides valuable information regarding the status of JPSS products and their applications, with the theme of this year’s conference being “JPSS Applications”.
To learn more about the conference, click here.